Friday, March 22, 2013

First 10k of 2013 and My Running Mix

I know many of you are eager to hear the outcome of my half marathon back in November and I promise I have been working on my story. However, I never imagined it would be so difficult to express all the emotion and feeling I felt that day in to a few paragraphs. I'm not making any promises but I hope to finally be able to share the post with you by the end of the month. But, today I am sharing some of my music inspiration with you. I've had several people ask me what music I listened to when running. You're in luck...today I'm sharing my 10k running mix with you!

Tomorrow I'm running my first race of 2013! The Cherry Blossom Road Race and even though there's a chance of rain I can't wait to get out there on the road. It's hard to believe it's been almost 5 months since I ran my half. I needed a break but I'm beyond ready to get back in my monkey feet on a more regular basis. I'll post some pictures of race day on Monday.

My running mix is ever growing but for shorter races this is my go to. I use Spotify because it's cheaper than buying every song and I can use it on my phone. If you haven't heard of it you should check it out! I know several people who can run with any kind of music. Me, well, I'm a little picky side. I know, who would've thought? :) I have to have upbeat/fun music, but I always include a few songs that inspire me as well. Here are some of my top favorites and the mix I will be running to tomorrow!


  1. Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding
  2. Whistle - Flo Rida
  3. Some Nights -Fun.
  4. Breath of Life - Florence and the Machine
  5. The Fighter - Gym Class Heroes and Ryan Tedder
  6. Blown Away - Carrie Underwood
  7. Titanium - David Guetta ft. Sia
  8. Promises - Nero with Skrillex
  9. Let it Rock - Kevin Rudolf and Lil Wayne
  10. I Won't Back Down - Tom Petty
  11. The Swarm - You Me at Six
  12. Shake it Out - Florence and the Machine
  13. Champion - Chipmunk with Chris Brown
  14. Hall of Fame - The Script with will.i.am
  15. We Found Love - Rihanna
  16. Map of the Problematique - Muse
  17. It's Time - Imagine Dragons
  18. Paris (Ooh La La) - Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
  19. Everybody Talks - Neon Trees
  20. Shake, Shake, Shake - Bronze Radio Return
Hope you feel inspired to get your run on this weekend! Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment