Friday, August 12, 2011

'25'

This past weekend was my 25th birthday. I must say that as the big day arrived I didn't anticipate much out of it. As I get older all the hype that precedes birthdays has dissipated greatly. However, this birthday has made it near the top of my 'Best Birthdays' list. It isn't because of some incredible gift I received or someone treating me like a queen. Instead it is because of the amazing people in my life. They are the kind of people that make the most out of the life and remind me that birthdays aren't about the material things you get or having an over the top party. It's about being grateful for where you are in life and believing greater things are yet to come. Though I might not be exactly where I want to be in life I am here for a reason and am living every day to it's fullest. I can't thank my family, friends and wonderful husband enough for making the 25th celebration of my life so special.

With all the celebrating I didn't have much time to tackle my ever-growing list of DIY projects. Some of the small projects I have been working on have been put on hold for a 'big' project I hope to complete this weekend. It has been so hot here that being outside while the sun is up has been absolutely miserable. While I have the best of intentions to complete my 'big' project it will completely depend on the heat. As of now it is 99 degrees with a heat index of 103 and 33% humidity. Yuck!

I'm sure it could go without saying I have been dreaming of a cold pool all day. Here are a few visuals so you can dream with me too.

Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment